Charitable Gift Annuity
Stock or Cash
Are you looking for a secure source of fixed income for now or your future?
You may be tired of living at the mercy of the fluctuating stock and real estate markets. One solution is a charitable gift annuity.
How it Works
A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and the Georgia Baptist Foundation.
- You transfer property to the Georgia Baptist Foundation. In exchange we pay you fixed income for life.
- The fixed income can be quite high depending on your age.
- A portion of your income stream may even be tax-free.
- You will receive a charitable deduction for your gift of the remainder to the Georgia Baptist Foundation and the satisfaction of furthering our mission.
Types of Assets You May Give
- If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity income will be tax-free.
- You may make a gift of your appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
Start Receiving Payments Now with a Current Gift Annuity
If you desire current income, you may transfer property in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed income beginning as early as this year. You will receive a current income tax charitable deduction for the value of your gift to the Georgia Baptist Foundation.
Deferred charitable gift annuity (for payments at future date).
You may wish to defer receiving payments to a later date such as retirement. With a deferred gift annuity, you establish the gift annuity today, receive a charitable income tax deduction this year, but defer the payments until a designated date sometime in the future. Best of all, because you deferred the payments, your annual payment will be higher when the payments start than they would have been with a current gift annuity.